Saturday 18 January 2014

Creative start and fresh aspirations, hello 2014

First post of the year! It's the beginning of my final project of third year, though I'd like to think it's really the start of something that I will continue after I graduate, it is also my last chance to pursue my aspirations whilst studying at uni. My last project was a short one due to spending some time with the fab girls at SewOverIt, but here are some of my experimental samples that will inform me towards my final collection. Continuing with manipulation of knit and mixed media I will be designing and making unique textile accessories for the home and to wear.



 I work predominantly with knit using luxurious yarns including merino and silk, and combine them with other materials such as ceramics, resin and metal. Together I form curious objects reflecting moods and sensations.









































Being the first post of 2014 I reflect on my last year. My work seems to go better the more I post updates and encourage myself to reflect on how things are going. I think this may be due to the bizarre way that smiling more, projecting confidence and happiness and keeping busy in turn gives you more time to do things, gives you confidence and makes you happy… That's a thing right?

So some belated resolutions I have decided I need to stay focussed and carry through my ideas, make what I want now and not leave it till later (there won't be a later!), and post more, sharing my progress and everything in-between. Oh and whenever I begin to struggle and worry, refer back to my 'Wisdom' board on Pinterest

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art. " - Andy Warhol


No comments:

Post a Comment